Spinach Salad with Chicken
Recipe type: Salad
Spinach Salad with Chicken is a Cambodian food recipe with fish sauce.
- 1 whole skinless chicken breast
- 1½ tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 c. chopped fresh spinach
- ½ c. chopped roasted peanuts
- ½ c. peeled and shredded carrots
- Rinse chicken breast under cool running water. Place in a large saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove chicken from pan with tongs. Place on a plate and cool for 15 minutes. When chicken is cool, remove meat from bones and shred into small pieces. Place shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, and cayenne. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Pour juice mixture over chicken and mix well.
- Place spinach on a serving plate. Spoon chicken over spinach and top with peanuts and carrots. Serve at room temperature.