Pineapple Topped with Pork
Recipe type: Appetizer
Pineapple Topped with Pork is a Cambodian appetizer recipe mixed with peanuts.
- ⅓ c. dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. minced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb. lean ground pork
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground red, white, or black pepper
- 2 tsp. cornstarch combined with 2 tsp. cold water
- 72 bite-sized pieces of fresh or canned pineapple
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Using electric blender or food processor, chop peanuts very finely and set aside.
- Using a heavy medium-sized skillet, heat oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add onions and garlic and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, until soft but still golden.
- Add pork and cook, stirring constantly to break up chunks, until no trace of pink remains. Stir in the peanuts, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until mixture is thick enough to hold its shape.
- Lay out pineapple pieces on a platter or two. Top each with 1 teaspoon of the pork filling. Garnish each portion with a cilantro leaf.