Lemon Chicken Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Lemon Chicken Soup is a Cambodian food recipe with sharp and tangy flavors.
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 c. fresh cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- ½ c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1½ tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add lemon grass and reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until broth has a lemon taste.
- Add chicken, cauliflower, tomato, and mushrooms. Cook uncovered for 3 or 4 minutes, or until chicken and cauliflower are tender.
- Add sugar, fish sauce, and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Serve hot over rice, or in individual soup bowls with rice on the side.