Recipe type: Side
Fried Rice is a Cambodian food recipe with eggs and tomatoes.
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced into 8 wedges
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 c. cold cooked rice
- In a small bowl, beat eggs well.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add beaten eggs and scramble them. Place eggs on a plate and set aside.
- Clean skillet or wok. Heat 3 tbsp. oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add onions, pork, and garlic and stir well. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato and green onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until tomatoes soften.
- Add fish sauce, sugar, pepper, and cayenne pepper and stir well.
- Add rice, breaking apart any clumps. Mix well and cook, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add scrambled eggs and mix well.