Crispy Fried Shrimp
Recipe type: Entree
Crispy Fried Shrimp is a Cambodian Food Recipe for frying shrimp in breadcrumbs and serving with a sweet chili sauce.
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled with tails left on
- 1 egg
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- sweet chili sauce
- Boil shrimp for 30 seconds then drain.
- Beat the egg and pour over the shrimp, then set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix up the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place each shrimp individually into the pile of breadcrumbs and cover completely.
- Let the bread covered shrimp dry.
- Heat 1-2 inches of soy or peanut oil in a wok to 345°F.
- Put the shrimp into the oil 2 or 3 at a time, and move them around while they sizzle. The shrimp is cooked, so you only need to crisp the batter. Remove from oil.
- Let the shrimp cool slightly before eating.
- Serve with a bowl of sweet chili sauce.