Bok Choy with Chicken and Shrimp
Recipe type: Entree
Bok Choy with Chicken and Shrimp is a Cambodian Food Recipe sauteed and served over noodles.
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 tbs olive Oil
- 1 Tbs arrowroot
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1½ tbs soy sauce
- 1½ tsp oyster sauce
- 1 whole chicken breast, boned and skinned
- 1 tbs olive oil, or as needed
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ lb large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 small red bell pepper, cubed
- ¼ lb shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 lb baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Boil noodles, drain well and toss with salt and oil to keep from sticking together.
- Cut the chicken into ½ inch cubes; set aside.
- For the sauce, combine arrowroot, stock, sugar, white pepper, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Place a wok over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the 1 tablespoon canola oil, ginger, garlic, green onions and salt. Sauté until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken and shrimp. Stir-fry until the chicken is white and the shrimp are pink, about 1½ minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl; set aside.
- Preheat the wok again over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the bell pepper, mushrooms and bok choy and stir-fry until the mushrooms begin to shrink, about 3 minutes, adding more canola oil if needed to prevent sticking.
- Stir the sauce and add to the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously until the sauce is glossy and thick, about 30 seconds.
- Return the chicken-shrimp mixture to the wok, add the sesame oil and toss together quickly to mix.
- Serve hot over the noodles.