Beef and Snow Peas
Recipe type: Entree
Beef and Snow Peas is a Cambodian Food Recipe cooked in a sauce marinade and served over pasta or rice.
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1½ Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- ¼ lb snow peas
- ½ tsp arrowroot
- ¼ cup water
- Combine the sherry, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and red pepper. Add beef and marinade for 15 minutes.
- Pour off marinade and reserve.
- Heat cast iron skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add steak and cook 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove beef, keep warm.
- Dissolve arrowroot in water and to reserved marinade then add to skillet.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the beef.
- Serve over pasta or rice and top with green onions and cilantro.